Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

Can i build my own custom small area in backyard to work as

Customer Question

can i build my own custom small area in backyard to work as pool. eg 8 feet by 4 feet deep hole in backyard with faucet and drain.Finish that with tiles so kids can play instead of making big pool area. what do you think
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.

hello,

yes you can...but be aware of type liner...is unit above end drain or will need pump...electrical service gfci protected...plumbing capable of being emptied for freeze months (if applicable)...in short yes you can...but it would need approved design to be code.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. What do you mean by liner.
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.

whether you use a fiberglass, plastic liner, butyl etc.....it must be well supported until water in pool to halt any side collapse...and that the bottom is properly based in sand.