Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

I have a 1996 marin spa and every time I turn the power on

Customer Question
the pump starts then immediately...
I have a 1996 marin spa and every time I turn the power on the pump starts then immediately stops and on the display screen it just shows five or six dash lines
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
10/6/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician

Hi:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to help with your spa.

The dashes you see on the display indicates an error code called "Watch Dog". This means there is a possible sensor, transformer, Top Side control, or Circuit Board failure.

Do you have a multi-meter so we can try troubleshooting the spa? Please let me know and we can continue from there. Thank you

garrygoeson
garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician