Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a barrier reef hot tub and it keeps going off and

Customer Question

I have a barrier reef hot tub and it keeps going off and panel says errer 6. I clean the filter a couple of times a week . the water in the filter housing keeps dropping.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.

When you say the water in filter drops....is the unit leaking or is it drawing air resulting in water loss into the tub?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The water level drops and the filter chamber fills with air. I dont appear to be loosing water in the tub.
I bought it second hand a year ago, I didnt get any instructions with it. After aweek or so it started to go onto error 6. If you turn it on and of at the mains it came back on but now you have to le ave it off a while before it comes back on.some times it goes for a day or two before doing it again then other times it goes to error again after a few mins.
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.

ok, first...is the filter lid sealing ok or are suctioning air into the filter cannister?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No the filter is not leaking . I have just noticed that payment for help has already left my account, I thought if you did not solve my problem the payment would not go out. I think this should be resolved one way or another.Thanks
Julie