Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a solarium heat pump pool heater. I am receiving an…

I have a solarium heat...
I have a solarium heat pump pool heater. I am receiving an error code of L P. I've had the refrigerate charge twice and shortly thereafter the unit shuts down. The technician swears he has don extensive investigation and can't detect any leaks.
8/19/2015
Billy
Billy, Technician
has he checked the water side exchanger where the refrigerant would leak into the water?
Nitrogen is used to pressurize a system BEFORE it has freon or when it is EMPTY.
It is best to use an electronic leak detector or as you mention a dye.
The unit leaking into the pool water would result in small traces of oil in the pool on surface.
Billy
Billy, Technician