Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a Viking spa with a balboa spa controller. It has 2

Customer Question

I have a Viking spa with a balboa spa controller. It has 2 pumps. There is a 4 hp 2 speed pump that turns on for the circulation and a 5 hp pump that is controlled by the second jets button on the topside. Everything else works fine and w its heating fine, but when I press the second jets button, it only clicks in the spa pack. There have been times in the past where the pump wants to start and hasn't and you have to push the button a few times. Its not working altogether now. Its not humming or hot. Tried replacing the capacitor on that pump and the 20 Amp fuse on the board. Not a clue where to go from here.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
before we get too far....have you checked actual power to the pump? We need to see if the board is sending correct power but pump is not running...or if the pump has power but as bad windings
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In testing the board where the pump plugs in there is no power. Everything else has power.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Thank you...then you have a bad controller/board....This is contingent on you have power to unit and pump is supposed to be on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is this reparable?
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
it is possible...but then you have one part of board new and you still have an old board.
Generally the board is just replaced instead of gambling on repair.