Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

Nothing turns on. pb is displayed

Customer Question
nothing turns on. pb...
nothing turns on. pb is displayed
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 1 day by:
8/11/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: Billy, Technician replied 2 years ago
Billy
Billy, Technician
is there fuses on the board?
Is the 240 measured directly at board?
Can you check for power to keypad?
Use reply
there is a fuse. each end of fuse is 123 volts to ground. The key pad has flat 4 wire phone type of connector. Can't read voltage. The water level sensors are the same type of wires.
just to make sure...the wires are 123 to ground..but are they wire to wire..
The display has power to it because the display has "pb" displayed. However none of the buttons function. If the water senors
are bad, this would cause the circuit board to stay off. is there a way to check the sensors? When the tub was full I taped on the sensor with no effect.
I will check the wire to wire now.
wire to wire is 245
are you sure it is Pb or P6?
Pb is a power board (circuit board) communication error
P6 is a bad remote panel.
verify because the 6 and b in digital are very close
pb not 6
Thank you....first check lower board closest to motor is bad or has bad connections....reseat all wires and look for hot spots on board.
It is either bad connection or bad board.
Ok
If you need further info just use reply.
If all set for now use rate button
Billy
Reset a connections and inspected board. there are no burnspots and caps are not swollen . Do you think it could be water sensors? With the display saying pb, it is probably a bad board.
Is there a good place to buy circuit boards and key pads?
spadepot is a good resource...
shop around with circuit board number
Do you agree that it is defiantly a bad circuit board?
Pending the connections and harnesses are ok...then it would be board
The board has been discontinued according to the manufacture. Are there places that repair boards? If I have to get new board, do u recommend a new key pad and transformer also?
I steer clear of repaired boards.
You never have a warranty and never know the shelf life.
Generally whether ebay or a retrofit you can a board. As far as board, keypad and transformer....if you really like the tub and are willing to invest in it...its best to do a pak at once.
Billy
Billy
Billy, Technician