Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  i have been doing plumbing work for 20 years with alot of experience in service work
64367226

My hot tub won't heat despite cleaning the filter and doing

Customer Question

my hot tub won't heat despite cleaning the filter and doing all the troubleshooting tips. the jets and lights work, but I can't get the darn thing to warm up... (LA K-72 with two pumps)
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Mike R. replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Do you have a multimeter and are you familiar with testing voltages? Is there an error code?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I do not have a multimeter, nor am I familiar with testing voltages. There is a line of flashing dots on the screen below the current hot tub temperature, but I do not see anything in the manual which corresponds to this - it is not normally on the screen.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 2 years ago.

When you turn the power off then on, do the dots immediately appear or does the pump start up first?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 2 years ago.

If the pump does come on, does the error code go away when you turn the jets on high?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The dots immediately appear.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 2 years ago.

What about when the jets are on high, same thing?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yep. The dots don't change.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 2 years ago.

The pump does come on though? All functions are working except the heating?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Right.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 2 years ago.

The problem is almost certainly the pressure switch. The pressure switch is not being activated from the flow to turn on the heater. Replace the pressure switch and that will solve the issue. If you are quite handy then it is a DIY project but if there is any uncertainty then having a professional take care of it would be recommended. It would only take about 30 minutes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I will try that.......
Expert:  Mike R. replied 2 years ago.

Very good.