Steve G., Handyman
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company and home theater advisor.
329447

I just bought a 16x48 intex pool with a sand filter pump, can

Customer Question

i just bought a 16x48 intex pool with a sand filter pump, can i hook a intex salt water pump to this also so i don't have to do pool chemicals other than salt.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.
I assume by 'salt water pump' you mean a chlorine generator?
If so, yes, you would insert it in the piping after the filter and heater (if you have a heater).
Popular models are Jandy Aquapure and Pentaire Intellichlor. Some of the smaller models come with the pump attached and therefore would go in front of the filter.
Please let me know if you need additional information.
Regards.
Steve