Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

We had lightning strike near to our house. The breakers on…

Customer Question
we had lightning strike near...
we had lightning strike near to our house. The breakers on the pool service where thrown. Power is back to the aquatrol box but no lights are on. The pump will not run. The control box itself is humming as if power is there.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 2 days by:
7/20/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: machinc, Electrical Technician replied 3 years ago
machinc
machinc, Electrical Technician
I will have your answer in one moment.
The circuit board was most likrly danaged by the Lightning strike. It does not have to be a direct hit .The hum you're hearing is power going to the board.That however does not mean it is not damaged.damaged .You can try powering it down to see if it will restart but the control biard will most likeky need replacing.Unkess you are familiar with making reoairs on your systemyou may want to have it checked by a professional. You would also most likelyget a warranty on the new part if you dont replace it yoursekf
I would be glad to answer any questions you may have