Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Outdoor pool equipment Jandy Aqua Link RS Purelink w/ PDA…

Customer Question
outdoor pool equipment Jandy Aqua...
outdoor pool equipment Jandy Aqua Link RS Purelink w/ PDA remote control Yesterday I woke up to find the pool functions not operating correctly; the blower for thr jacuzzi was on as was the sheer decent feature. Neither are programmed to be on. I tried
the PDA to shut them off but the devise would not connect. The control box panel did not reflect that these features wer on, only the Auto light was on. To shut them off I had to trip the breaker on the control box. I waited a couple of minutes and turned
on the breaker, nothing cam on except a bzzing sound from the control box. The PDA did not connect. I turned off the contol box, replaced the 9V battery and tried again, same results. I turned off the breaker again. When I turned it on, the same buzzing sound
and no lights on the control panel. It would not turn on. I turned it off over night. I just turned the breaker back on and after a short delay, all features have turned on; sheer decent, blower in jacuzzi, and now the spa heater as well. The control panel
shows only the Auto light on. The PDA connects but shows all the features above, including pool and spa modes ARE off. What is the root cause here?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
7/13/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer
Hi there,
It sounds like there is a fault with the control board inside the control box.
An electronic component may have shorted out or blown.
The control board will need to be replaced.
Pete, Electronic Engineer