Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

The pda is blinking waiting cannot be turned off unless taking

Customer Question
battery out. Cannot control the...
The pda is blinking waiting cannot be turned off unless taking battery out. Cannot control the chlorinator from board even on service mode getting Jo code. Can you help unlocking the remote mode
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
7/13/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That sounds to me like a severe error in, not so much the PDA unit, as in the machinery the Jandy (or other) spa is controlling, or in the control circuitry. If you let me know the maker and model # ***** the spa or pool in question, and of its control box, I could advise you in more detail. In the meantime, tell me the exact 'JO' code... or if this is Jandy equipment and the code reads simply 'JO' and nothing else, then it means you are either in Service Mode, or in Timeout Mode. In other words, it doesn't indicate an error, really, just an abnormal operation mode. If you are in Service Mode, you can only return to normal operating mode by powering the whole machine and control unit off with the power switch, for at least 30 seconds (and preferably slightly longer.) In Timeout Mode, 3 hours must pass before normal operating mode resumes. If any three-number error codes show up, note it or them down, and let me know. Codes above 179, starting with 180, are severe and probably will require a professional Jandy servicer to fix the problem. As for the chlorinator, check all its connections, whether of water-hoses or of wiring - with the power Off - and check the filter also, to make sure it isn't clogged. And if that doesn't fix it, let me know more about the case (and, what the maker and model # *****!) and I will advise you further. Thanks, ***** ***** me know, please.
Russell H., Service Tech