poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

My cal spa is constantly burning up heaters/heating element.

Customer Question

My cal spa is constantly burning up heaters/heating element. I'm also getting a OH code flash sometimes and the spa will shut down but then come back on. This latest time my new heater lasted a total of 3 weeks and the heating element was broke in pieces.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like the safety features are not working. As for the OH that is overheat error code indicating the water temp in heater is above 112 degrees. I would replace both sensors the thermostat and high limit. Look on the circuit board and find where the sensors plug into the board then trace the wires back and remove and replace both sensors. If the thermostat is working properly the high limit should never engage and throw the OH code. Now with that being said make sure you have proper flow of water through the heater as well. There are three safety switches to protect a heater from failure. The Pressure switch Thermostat and High limit.