Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
75209918

Slow drip leak underneath the bottom with no noticeable source

Customer Question

slow drip leak underneath the bottom with no noticeable source for 25yr old spa?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Machinc replied 2 years ago.
I will have your answer in one moment
Expert:  Machinc replied 2 years ago.
I know you have already checked for leaks all joints and around the pump.
Sometimes leaks will not show unless the spa is operating at high pressure. You did not say if you inspected with it on or off.
Leaks in the walls on the surface of the spa can often be detected without the water running by a white or grayish spot at the source of the leak,
These leaks can be repaired by lowering the level of the water and repairing the spot with an epoxy solution.
In spite of the fact the leak appears at the bottom it could actually be running down from anywhere try to find a line or water trace where it might be running.
Using a small flashlight and a magnifying glass can help spot hairline leaks.
Any areas of penetration like Jets ot lights can also be a source. There will usually always be a trail on the backside of the leak
Expert:  Machinc replied 2 years ago.
I will be glad to answer any questions you might have
Customer
Expert:  Machinc replied 2 years ago.
NOTE;
Leaks at fittings can usually be fixed by tightening the fitting but be careful not to over tighten. Some of these leaks stop on their on as the weather warms up.
Customer