Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

The power to the hot tub tripped and trying to locate the issue.

Customer Question
Is there check on the...
The power to the hot tub tripped and trying to locate the issue. Is there check on the control panel to figure it out
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 1 day by:
7/7/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition replied 3 years ago
Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Usually a spa that is tripping the breaker right away is a bad heater unit, try turning breaker off and open the control box to expose the heater connections then remove the two heater wires from the heater posts and electrical tape the ends for safety then try and reset the breaker if it stays on the heater element is bad and replace the heater, this can also be true for the ozone unit if you have one, unplug the ozone unit from the board and reset breaker. You can continue to unplug each piece of equipment from board until you get to the point where the breaker stays on then the last thing you unplugged is the culprit. If all fails and no resolution disconnect power wires to spa itself and electrical tape ends for safety then try and reset breaker and if the breaker trips then and it is not even connected to spa then it is a bad breaker.