Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a Saratoga spa that's a around 12 years old and the…

Customer Question
I have a Saratoga spa...
I have a Saratoga spa that's a around 12 years old and the temperature will say around 100 when its only around 86. I've replaced the heating element and temperature sensor and the heater came with a new pressure sensor. Any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 2 days by:
7/8/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: Billy, Technician replied 3 years ago
Billy
Billy, Technician
Is the water flow stalling through unit to where it overheats in the discharge?

Use reply
I don't notice anything of that sort.
Pool and Spa Expert: Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition replied 3 years ago
Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
One thing to be sure of is that you have the spa in Standard mode. Most spas have 3 settings:Economy- will only heat during a filter cycleSleep- No operation of spa. Do not use this settingStandard- Optimal setting for normal filtration and the heat is controlled by the thermostat.If you have your spa in Economy mode you are only energizing the heater during a filter cycle which can be only 2-4 hrs a day and it can appear that the heater is not working. Usually you will see that water temperature displayed in the topside and flash an Ec then temp and so on this means economy, refer to your user manual to see how to switch filter MODES.
Relist: Other.
That still doesn't answer my question as to why the temperature shows 100 on the panel when its actually only 86. In terms of manuals the Spa was second hand so I do not have one and unfortunately Balboa doesn't provide a manual for the control pack. The control pack is only a few years old and the heater is brand new so this is very frustrating.