How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Billy Your Own Question
Billy, Technician
Category: Pool and Spa
Satisfied Customers: 22517
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
Type Your Pool and Spa Question Here...
Billy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Hayward pool heater model # ***** and it started

Customer Question

I have a Hayward pool heater model # ***** and it started making a loud rattelng noise when the burner is on. I removed the inlet and outlet fittings to find a stainless steel
diverter plate that is loose inside the heat exchange. Should this be free floating or was it originally fastened to something inside the heat exchanger.?
Please advise
Phil *************
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
that is a draft diverter for efficiency. It is to control the draft through the exchanger. You should not run with it out of can run without it...but not with mispositioned.

Related Pool and Spa Questions