Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a Aqua Link RS4: When I turn the spa heater on, it…

Customer Question
I have a Aqua Link...
I have a Aqua Link RS4: When I turn the spa heater on, it starts to heat up, the remote display quickly goes to the max temp and the heater shuts off. Is this on the display or at the heater?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
6/30/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: Billy, Technician replied 3 years ago
Billy
Billy, Technician
sounds like pump is slow, filter plugged, weak flow.....basically it sounds like water is stalling in the unit and heating too quickly.
The pump seems to be running the same as always. Is there a filter for the water running through the heater? Where is it? the only question with this for me, why does the temp on the display climb from 80 degrees to 104 in 10 minutes?
have you checked the actual tub temp as compared to the inline thermostat?
Yes, run heats up to about 97