Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have an above ground lomart pool. The pump is running fine…

Customer Question
I have an above ground...
I have an above ground lomart pool. The pump is running fine completely primed with no air in it. As soon as I connect the vacuum it suck lots of air. It will vacuum the large debry on the bottom but will not vacuum up the sand that has escaped. After a couple minutes it is full of air and I'm unable to continue. Where can it be sucking the air from only during vacuuming?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 1 day by:
6/30/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: Billy, Technician replied 3 years ago
Billy
Billy, Technician
hello,
there has to be a seal, gasket, crack etc somewhere.
The only way it can suck air in this mode is if an exposed crack or seal is drawing air.