Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a smart app installed which has my spa registered to

Customer Question

I have a smart app installed which has my spa registered to it. How can I unregister the spa, so someone else can then register his app on his phone. So far if he tries to put data and register, the message shows up saying that this spa is already registered and then the app aks for my password ***** I'd like him to be able to start from scratch. Do I need to call somebody to remove the spa from my app and what info if any will I need then. Thank you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question. You should not have to call anyone, but you will have to remove it from being registered with your account. How you do that will depend on the manufacturer and model of the spa controller, which I don't see in your question. In general, you can do this by logging into your account through the web and then unregister the device. Buit if you can provide me with the make and model of the unit, I can provide more specific information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Again, Sundance Spa , model name Marine, 8000 series
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You asked for my rating but I still am waiting for the full answer
How to unregister Sundance Spa, Marine model 8000
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still no answer?
Sorry for the delay. The model and make were not in the original question.
The registration this Spa only affects the warranty - it doesn't have any relation to operation aspects of the spa.
However, you can change the warranty registration to a new owner by contacting the manufacturer:
Customer Service: 1-***-***-****
Fax:(###) ###-####
SUPPORT HOURS
(M-F, 7AM-4PM Pacific)
Please let me know if you have additional questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did not have the spa registration. I would like to erase the spa from the app, so I can register it with the app again. I think the sequence of the procedure makes a big difference. If you put the spa's data into the iphone app before the smartapp hardware is up with its own wi-fi you have a problem. I'd like to try starting the wi-fi first and then register my spa with the app. Currently I cannot do it, since the app keeps telling me I already have it registered. I guess I will call my spa dealer and try to contact the spa manufacturer. Too bad they do not have customer service.