Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a cal spa and just finished cleaning and filling.

Customer Question
Hi, I have a cal spa...
I have a cal spa and just finished cleaning and filling. I have refilled and the jets will not turn off. I'm wondering if they will run until the water is heated?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
6/29/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair. replied 3 years ago
TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair.
Hello.
My name is***** do my best to answer your question and resolve your issue.
Pump 1 will run low speed until the tub reaches the set temp or completes its first filter cycle..whichever comes first.
240v models heat about 5 degrees per hour. The default filter cycles are 2hrs 2X per day. The first filter cycle starts when powering up the tub and the next cycle will start 12hrs later.
It will usually take overnight or all day (10+hrs) to heat to 100F or higher.
I hope that answers your question. If you still have questions about the pump running, please let me know.
Thank you,
Todd
Have I answered your question? If you still have questions or concerns I will be happy to continue or explain further.
Just reply if you wish to continue. If I have answered your question, please take a moment to give me a kind rating for my time.
Thank you,
Todd