Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

How do i replace Pentair 073370 Noryl Rotor Valve with Tapered…

Customer Question
how do i replace Pentair...
how do i replace Pentair 073370 Noryl Rotor Valve with Tapered Seal
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 2 days by:
6/30/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: Billy, Technician replied 3 years ago
Billy
Billy, Technician
hello,
are you stuck at a certain point or need the entire process?
can you explain your situation a bit more?
use reply
I don't see any attachment hardware for the valve. Since it is tapered, it might be held in by friction. Before I start pounding on the shaft, I want to get some advice. The action of the valve is not functional, I have to put a two foot cheater on the handle to rotate positions. I have a replacement on order.
The valve is a compression fit within the assembly. If you have removed retainer ring on top and accessed the valve then the unit should come out....with persuasion.
I don't see a retainer ring on the unit or the exploded parts diagram. Where should I look for it?
By retainer I meant the ring that holds the guts in the assembly.
This comes off to expose the part...
OK, you are not referring to the same unit I am working on, which is a pentair triton 4000 series.
got ya....then do you have the manifold (looks like a german plus sign) 8 hole on top of the valve?