Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Laars lite 2 model number-lg125p-e, , the pilot light

Customer Question
laars lite 2 model number-lg125p-e, hi...
laars lite 2 model number-lg125p-e,
hi, the pilot light stays lit, when i switch the on/off rocker switch on and then turn the thermostat up the burners will light but will only stay alight for maybe 10 seconds and then it will go out and also take the pilot light out as well so its not lit at all , it sounds like the gas comes out to fast and blows the burner out but please dont take that as a diagnosis. i have only just got the heater it was preowned but was told it was fully working when taken out 2 years ago i have sandpapered all terminals used new crimps, i have got water comming out of the pressure valve from header when removed so no blockage, my heater is the propane one stand alone millivolt system any help advise welcome
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
6/26/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 3 years ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Do you have a gas pressure gauge that reads in inches WC (water column)? This could very well be a supply or manifold pressure problem