TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot Tub Repairman
Experience:  20yrs. experience repairing all brands of hot tubs.
64889713

I own a emerald spa, 6 person tub. The power had been

Customer Question

Hello
I own a emerald spa, 6 person tub. The power had been turned off yesterday, and when it went back on the spa heats, but there are not jets. It is not displaying a temp., instead it has FLO, can't find this error code anywhere in the manual.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  TheHotTubGuy replied 2 years ago.
Hello.
My name is***** do my best to answer your question and resolve your issue.
It sounds like the pressure switch stuck closed when the power was shut off. When the pump is running the pressure switch will close to allow the heater to come on if called for. When..for any reason...pump 1 is not on, the pressure switch must reopen. If the switch does not reopen, you will get a flow error and the pumps will not start until the pressures switch reopens.
The other flow error is the opposite...if pump 1 is running hi or low speed, if the pressure switch does NOT close you will not heat, get a flow error, but the pump will just constantly run trying to reach temp.
Take the side of your foot and give the cabinet door a good thump. This may bump the pressure switch open and the tub should resume. If it happens again, you will need to replace the pressure switch.
The pressure switch is screwed into the metal heater tube and will have a gray cord w/2 small wires connected to it. The other end of the cord plugs onto the circuit board.
If you need to troubleshoot further or have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.
Standing by,
Todd
Any update?
Todd
Have I answered your question? If you still have questions or concerns I will be happy to continue or explain further.
Just reply if you wish to continue. If I have answered your question, please take a moment to give me a kind rating for my time.
Thank you,
Todd