Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I need to alter the timing on an auto Jandy Actuator valve…

Customer Question
I need to alter the...
I need to alter the timing on an auto Jandy Actuator valve - at the moment it is shutting off when the power switch to the heater is turned off and redirecting the water to the swimming pool not back into the spa. Can this be changed so that water is sent through to the spa until the pump has stopped after the heater is turned off?
obviously the pump needs to continue to run until the water temperature reduces so that the pipes do not melt.
At the moment water is being drained from the spa as soon as the actuator is activated - I would like the water to keep going back to the spa till the pump turns off?
Dave Burtenshaw
Kowhai Landscape/swimming pools
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
6/17/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 3 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer
This should not be happening..
The valve may have a fault.
For a guide to checking the valve, see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tcJe3KBDco