Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

How can I tell if my Jandy Aquapure chlorinator is generating?

Customer Question
the panel registers flow, but...
how can I tell if my Jandy Aquapure chlorinator is generating? the panel registers flow, but I can only get the "cell on" for a brief moment. Right now, I cant get the system to superchlorinate
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/15/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: Machinc, General Contractor replied 3 years ago
Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
cyanuric Acid level (stabilizer) may be low. Should be 50/75 percent PPM
Increase level as needed.
The unit could be clogged or blocked
make sure it is clean.
Hot weather calls for having to increase the chlorine rate
production.'
Use the chlorine rate button unit to increase.
May also have to run for longer periods
of time to increase production.
Place system in boost mode and allow to run for 24 hrs.
Test chlorine level for change to proper level.
The unit won't allow me to boost the chlorine (doesn't respond only shows the pool temperature and makes a single beeping noise) It won't show the cell on for any extended period of time.indicator light stays on for only a few seconds. Stabilizer is good. I cleaned the cell about 1.5 months ago
Even though it was recently cleaned the cell
could be blocked.
I would check again
Customer