Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

ON jetsetter the motomassage jet there are two white ball jets…

Customer Question
ON jetsetter the motomassage jet...
ON jetsetter the motomassage jet there are two white ball jets attached to the hose one came off can't figure out how it was attached don't know how to get ball apart.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
6/16/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair. replied 2 years ago
TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy, Hot tub service and repair.
Hello.
My name is***** do my best to answer your question and resolve your issue.
What year is your Jetsetter?
Can you please send pictures of what you are describing?
Usually a broken or worn out motomassage cannot be repaired to work correctly. When they stretch or break they get replaced. About 4-6 years is the standard life expectancy of motomassages.
I would like to have eyes on exactly what you are dealing with...maybe I have another solution. You will probably have to remove the motomassage cover plate to access the jet. Do not loose the screws or caps.
Standing by,
Todd
one of the two barrel shaped jets attached to a white bracket came off. There is no whole drilled all the way through the bracket it is attached blindly, so there must be a way to take the barrel apart looks like apin or bolt or threade screw held it together. If i can get it apart i can probably fix it. nothing is stretched!
Except for minor airline repairs, the motomassage jets are not serviceable.
These jets wear out and sometimes fall apart. The stretching I mention is very subtle and hard to tell until you compare them side by side with a new one.
I have installed hundreds of these, and have tried to fix my own as well as customers in the past. It can difficult to get these to work correctly even when not broken. If you send pics of what you have going on, I will give you a repair solution if one exists.
If your tub is more than 5 years old, I suggest replacing both motomassages and the air supply manifold together. If there is another option, I will need to see some pictures.
You can fiddle with this until the cows come home, unless it is an airline issue, you must replace the jet if you want it to work correctly again. In the case of a dual motomassage, you replace both jets and the air manifold together. They last a few years and must be replaced.
I do not make these, I only service them. I had to buy them for my old Classic model several times so I understand why you want to repair it rather than replace it.
Standing by,
Todd
Again I disagree about it being stretched it matches up perfectly with the bracket and other jet. you didn't answer the question of how it is held on the bracket and how to reattach it . Thanks anyway.
I did not say yours was stretched. I said they stretch. Of course both or your jets are the same length, that is normal unless one in much newer. Stretching is most common failure. Yours sounds broken or disconnected from the air manifold. Whether it's stretched too is unknown. Unless the tub has been unused, you get about 5-6 yrs max from those jets.
I cannot see what you are looking at...I have asked you send a pic and the model year so I can give you more details. If you are dealing with the jets coming loose from the air manifold T, then you will need to slide the jet head back onto the air manifold T. You cannot do anything until the cover is removed, however.
If you are dealing with anything else other than the air manifold T or the connections to the air inputs on the motomassage jets, they are not serviceable if broken or stretched. All motomassages wear out in one way or another.
I cannot send you a diagram from my end. The site controls my options and I that is no longer an option for us...unfortunately.
Each jet threads into the back of the motomassage bucket. There is an airline nipple that the air manifold T connects to in the very back between the water inputs. Each jet will insert into the air manifold and form one assembly. The jet gets the water from the back threaded connection and air from the connection at the air manifold T. If any part of either jet or the air connections are bad, worn out, or broken..the jet will not work correctly. If any part of the actual jets are bad, broken, or worn out...it is not repairable and will not work. I cannot sugar coat that.
I cannot just tell you what you want to hear. If the jet popped out of the air manifold it may just pop back in if you can get 2 hands on it. The motomassage jets themselves are not serviceable. Everyone's wear out or break eventually.
I understand they are pricey. I know. If I can see what you have going on, maybe I have a solution that does not require replacing them.
Standing by,
Todd
Okay, thank you for the pic. I am sorry...you must have had trouble uploading to the thread.
I cannot tell or see the dashboard you are using, but here is the last way I know of uploading pics. Use this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Now....
I know this is not what you want to hear...but you are asking for expert help on this and that is what I do for a living. Your motomassage is stretched and broken. You can see that the spine is separated and that the blue hose is showing in the gaps. Classic worn out moto. If the one still connected is the same age, you better replace it together with the other one or you WILL have issues with them both moving up/down correctly. I promise.
There is no servicing these. Please take my advice and do not spend the time and energy trying. You will only be more disappointed and frustrated. Imagine how I feel buying them!
So...that is the bad news. Please do not shoot the messenger. I only want to give you the right answer and the best advice. I don't have any skin in the Hot Springs parts business.
To get that repaired and working correctly, you will need:
(1) Manifold, DX Moto-Massage Jet
PN 73540
(2) DX Moto-Massage Jet, Warm Gray
PN 73542
If you feel I have answered your question thoroughly, please give me a kind rating. I will be happy to continue if you need guidance installing the new parts, they can be a real pain if you are not familiar with installing them. The single motomassages were picky enough until they started using the dual units.
Standing by,
Todd
Do you have an update or wish to continue? Have I answered your question?
Standing by,
Todd
Do you have an update or wish to continue?
If I have answered your question, please take a moment to rate my answer so I will compensated for my time. I will still be available if you need follow up or still have questions or concerns.
Thank you.
Standing by,
Todd
TheHotTubGuy
TheHotTubGuy