Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

Haywad Support Team!I manage a pool in which we installed

Customer Question

Hello, Haywad Support Team!
I manage a pool in which we installed Hayward Saline 6.0 generator. In general, it works very well. We usually keep the output % on 15-25, and it does a good job.
However, I have 2 things which trouble me:
1. Calcification of the plates is excessive. The salt levels are ok. Why so much calcination?
2. In about 24 hours after backwash, the output % number on display has a - "minus" (for example -15, instead of 15). When we do backwash, the "minus" disappears. What does this minus mean? Do we need to correct something?
3. We regularly check salt levels. What is preferable: to keep salt levels closer to 3,500 or to 5,000?
I will be very thankful if you answer my questions.
Anna
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
hello,
can you tell me how many gallons the pool holds...3200 is generally the good range
use reply