Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have the wireless Jandy Aqua-PDA, with firmware 3.0 and the…

Customer Question
I have the wireless Jandy...
I have the wireless Jandy Aqua-PDA, with firmware 3.0 and the pool circuit with firmware 7.0, I like to use the app instead, do I just simply replace the Jandy j-box with a Wifi one?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Jandy J-box is version 4.0, hand held PDA is firmware 3.0 and the pool equipment firmware is 7.0
Pool equipment is Jandy Pro Series by zodiac
6/5/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: Michael, Technician replied 3 years ago
Michael
Michael, Technician
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
The way I would do this is to replace Jandy j-box with a Wifi box as well;-)
Its the easiest way to make the system respond via WIFI.
Thank you
Tech Michael
Do I need to change the main board too?
Hi In this case yes you will also need to replace the main board because the old one isn't capable of receiving the new type.
I hope that helps;-)
I will stick with you until your unit is working correctly,and it won't cost you anything additional to rate my service. You can always get in touch with me if you need further assistance after rating;-)
Thank you and have a nice day;-)
Please rate kindly at this time.
The new system board, what version does it need to be?
Hi that is something that only the manufacturer can answer. It depends on the rev they make;-)
Its best to contact Jandy on that to be sure you get the correct one.
well so far all your answers been very generic and off the internet I need an expert who can answer specific question who has installed these types of things and knows the firmware version
Hi Sean, I have answered your initial questions as you asked them. I will continue with you until you have this working the way it should, but please rate my service on the answered questions so I can.
It wont cost you anything to rate kindly;-)
Thanks in advance.
Have a great day, also I should be here most of the day.
Sorry , you have not answered the question. where are the part numbers ? my guess is you have never installed any systems at all.
Hi I wouldn't have answered the original question if I was familiar with it;-)
I don't have the part #'s and haven't heard from you in a while.
But I know for a fact that you can switch from a Jandy unit to one that handles wifi, you can use Jandy if they make one for this or you can use a stand alone generic wifi transiever.
But you will need assistance with this. I would talk with a local pool shop about this because they can direct you and tell you if they carry one that will do this for you.
You can control this Jandy unit from most anything these days, a laptop, or your cell phone etc.
I hope this helps Please let me know if I can help you further.
Also if you let me know where abouts you are located, I will call and find the best place to get the product that best suits your needs.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)
Please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you;-)
You wont lose cantact with me and you can write me anytime after you rate.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael