Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Pentair pool pump is only 6 months old and stopped running…

Customer Question
Pentair pool pump is only...
Pentair pool pump is only 6 months old and stopped running today. Screen says power failed though power is on. Tried to reset but still not running. Help!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
5/31/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Hello, please tell me a lot about your technical skill sets and if you have a multi meter or not... I need well focused photo of the unit wiring diagram, taken close up and well lit... use the 'attach files' link at the lower left of your dialog box to get that to me.
I can coach you appropriately from there.
.
I got it working by turning power off and on again, then selecting a speed. Not sure what speed is correct though. Just picked #1.
Good work, let me know how it goes, try other speeds if you like, post back if you need any help.
.
Thanks!
You are welcome. no need to respond to this note unless something comes up, or our server will force me to respond back etc.
.