Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a blue ridge spa and a hose is not connected but I cannot…

Customer Question
I have a blue ridge...
I have a blue ridge spa and a hose is not connected but I cannot find where it goes
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
It is a small hose that goes into a tee fitting. I see where the other 2 hoses off the tee fitting go
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/31/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company replied 3 years ago
poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Hello, how can I help you today? Can you see where the other two hoses are going?
ok, those are either your circ pump injectors or ozone injection. A circ pump uses 3/4 inch clear tubing lines. An ozonator uses smaller 3/8 inch clear tubing . Any idea what size they are? A picture of the equipment compartment would help immensely also. Thanks, jeff
That looks like the hoses for the ozonator then. All spas are set up for one, but not all spas have an ozonator. Have toy seen anything that says that on it?
No sir I have not. I looked all around the compartment after you said that. However I cannot find one. I see the control panel, heater, and 2 pumps. When I put water in tub it comes out that 3/8 hose so I'm assuming it was there at one time. We just bought this house last month and trying to get it operating.
Without the ozonator, where would that hose connect to or do they get blocked off
Well, without the ozonator, that hose is normally coiled up and looped up high inside the bottom side of the spa cabinet so that it's higher than the water level. There should also be a small check valve in it that keeps the water from coming out. Basically if you loop it high, then put a bolt or anything in the end of it with a clamp on it to keep it from leaking, you can just leave it that way since it's of no use without an ozonator. It's basically a dead line that's not needed.