Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a rheum pool heater. 3 years old. Will not ignite. Error…

Customer Question
I have a rheum pool...
I have a rheum pool heater. 3 years old. Will not ignite. Error message temp sensor error. How do I repair
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
5/23/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Hello, the short answer is 'replace the temperature sensor'.
A more complete answer involves testing the sensor for resistance, it could be a problem with the electronics in the printed circuit board that it is attached to, or merely a corroded electrical connection.
If you can take a well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the service panel, up close, well lit and from straight on, I can mark it up and send it back to you with trouble shooting instructions.
You will need a $30 type multi meter for that.
We can go from there.