How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Poolservice123 Your Own Question
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Category: Pool and Spa
Satisfied Customers: 489
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
Type Your Pool and Spa Question Here...
Poolservice123 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm getting CE as error code. Can I replace display board only,

Customer Question

I'm getting CE as error code. Can I replace display board only, or do I have to replace ignition board and display board as a unit?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am here to help you today. You can replace just the display board which has the ribbon cable permanently attached to it. However, inspect the ignition board to see if there are any areas that look black/brown that could indicate a bad ignition board. There is no way to test them to which is having the problem so it's a try and miss situation. We usually replace the Display board first.

Related Pool and Spa Questions