garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

Master temp 400 natural, blower comes on no smell of gas no

Customer Question

Master temp 400 natural, blower comes on no smell of gas no click to ignite,service heater light comes on blower stays running, the only way to shut it down is shut off the power,any ideas?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 2 years ago.
Hi:My name is*****'ll be glad to assist with your heater.
Please tell me if you are getting any of the red LED's staying on at the back of the board after the "Service Heater" light comes on?If you are, which LED is on?
If no LED's at the back of the board are on, you may have either a faulty Ignition Module or Blower.Please let me know, and we can continue from there. I will respond within 24 hours of your latest post. Thank you
Hi:
I'm just checking back to see if you had a chance to check the board for any lit diagnostic LED's?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No LED's came on.
Unplug the F1 and F2 connectors from the Ignition Control Module. Then power the heater back up and check if the blower stops running.
Let me know what you find. There is a possibility you may need to replace the Ignition Control Module