Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

Anybody there?

Customer Question
anybody there?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
I have a Jandy RS One that is not working. The PCB is #8124A. The 24v transformer is supplying power to the PCB. The PCB does not respond at all. The fuse is not blown. Is there any other trouble shooting I can do or is the panel bad?
When I first powered up the panel this season, all Panel lights were lit but no operation of the panel was allowed. I turned off the breaker to the panel and powered it back on. At that point no lights came on at all.I've tried to power down the RS one for 2 min... nothing.I've tried the reset...nothing.
Tried again recently and now the "Auto" light comes on about 90% of the time I throw the breaker. Still not other lights and no control.Some power seems to work on the PCB. The remote link has lights on, but just reads "Firmware Rev B11."
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/10/2015
Pool and Spa Expert: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Hello, there are a few hundred of us here, but none apparently want to risk picking your question up because you have not said what it is, an air conditioner? Washing machine, Jet ski? etc
If you can give me a brand and model number I will try to get you to an expert on that range of items.
.
I'm on the pool and spa expert line and I said jandy RS one...thought that was a clue...It's a pool controller question...
Hello again,
http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Products/Controls/AquaLink-OneTouch.aspx
Is that the item?
Is that the manual for it?
Are you getting the LED display?
Look that over tell me if this is what you have and I will attempt to find a spa expert who is familiar with that controller.
.
No, that is only the controller. My problem is with the jandy power center and panel control board pcb#8124a.
the PCB is in the Sub-Panel Power Center.
The Power Control Board (PCB) is in this box.http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Products/Controls/AquaLink-Power-Center.aspx
Hello again, it appears that none of our pool experts are willing to take on diagnosing the PCB for you... I am not familiar with that particular PCB.
Generally speaking however if it is getting power, and not outputting a signal of any sort, it is generally bad.
A high percentage of techs would replace the card in this circumstance but I cannot recommend it from here, so will not post this as an answer, and will opt out hopefully for someone else to give you a more explicit answer or provide some guidance on testing.
Good luck with it.
.
poolguy810
poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company