Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

My bulb burnt out on my pentair pool light. Can I just change

Customer Question

My bulb burnt out on my pentair pool light. Can I just change it. Is there anything else I need to do?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 6 years ago.
Welcome, how can I help you today? yes if you reach down in the water there is a screw that holds the light housing in place, remove screw and the light should pop out and pull up onto deck. Remove face plate and glass housing to access bulb. Replace the bulb and reverse the process to reinstall light. Be sure the power is off to the light before removing.
Sorry I just read that you have light out already. That should be it change the bulb and test that it works. If not there could be a short in the light fixture itself.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do I need to replace the gasket?
Well it is a good idea any time you change the bulb to change all worn parts and gaskets as this is the only thing that keeps water out of the fixture.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there a way for me to check if I have setup the fixture correctly? I want to make sure it is safe.
Once the face plate is secured you can dunk it under water with the power off and see if any water gets in. If it doesn't you shood be ok, all lights should be protected by a GFCI so if any issues arise it will trip the breaker, also a lot of lights have transformer to make 110 volts become 12 volts.