Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My last entry went to an expert for auto repair. Wrong. I…

Customer Question
My last entry went to...
My last entry went to an expert for auto repair. Wrong. I have a Vita Spa hot tub. The primary motor was making noise when I pushed the control button to get to high speed. I replaced the motor. Same noise. Sort of a loud, almost grinding sound. I put the secondary motor on the primary circuit and got the same sound. The motor(s) will run just fine on low speed. Press the control button to take it up a notch and you get the noise and no new speed. I am thinking it might possibly be a noise coming from the high speed relay on the control circuit board. Any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 176 days by:
7/20/2010
Pool and Spa Expert: Joan-Mod, JustAnswer Staff replied 8 years ago
Joan-Mod
Joan-Mod, JustAnswer Staff
This is Joan and I am a Moderator:
Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when, for example:

1. The question may be unclear.
2. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained adequately online.
3. The Experts that are online are simply unable to answer your question.
4. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.
Please feel free to re-word your question [or increase the price] if you feel that may be the reason. [Of course, you are not required to increase the price.]

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.
If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Joan
The reason the question has gone unanswered for this question is the same reason I sent in a request last night to clear up why my questions keep getting routed to the wrong experts.

This was a question about a hot tub/spa, not an automobile. Send it on the pool spa people and maybe it will get answered.

Hank
As soon as a Spa an pool Expert comes on line they will assist you. Joan
I have a 1998 Vita Spa Allure model hot tub. I have a problem with it when i press the pump motor button on the control panel to get the pumps on high speed. The motors(s) shut down and the LCD on the control panel starts to blink "FLO". I can press on one of the buttons a few times and the "FLO" will stop blinking and the circulation pump will come back on.

I have disconnect the motors and ran them uner their own power. They seem to operate just fine, but i have no way of testing their torque or horsepower to see if they are weak. I have checked the water flow pipes as best that I could for obstructions. I hooked up a shop vac and used both the blower and the vaccuum ends to try and clear aything that might be in the lines. Nothing.

An supervisor of mine years ago told me that most of the time we look beyond what the problem is and that we should ask a couple of simpe questions. "What changed?" is the first. I moved the hot tub from a friend's house to mine. Some inexperience on that portion of life for me and a few others. We tried our best to be careful. I don't think that we did badly. The tub had been out of service for a while before we moved it. I had it up and running within a few weeks. I had to get power set up for the 220 that it needs.

I am not sure what else might be needed. Please let me know.

Thank you , Hank Wolf
Pool and Spa Expert: PitschPlumbing, master plumber replied 8 years ago
PitschPlumbing
PitschPlumbing, master plumber
Have you tried replace the flow switch or inspect it? check for loose of dirty electrical connections too. typical flow switches work on pressure and have a diaphragm in them that over time can leak or become brittle(if left dry)
PitschPlumbing
PitschPlumbing, master plumber