Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What does infeasible restraint on the dash of a 1993

What does infeasible restraint...

What does infeasible restraint on the dash of a 1993 bonneville

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

Just a few days Its didnt start one day then it started the next

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Bonneville yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I do have a interlock on the car

11/6/2020
Pontiac Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
R Clark
Hello my name is ***** ***** to just answer. I will be the expert helping you today.Can you clarify your question for me?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My 1993 bonneville won't not start on Tuesday I notice on the dash it said
Infeasible restraint that was above the security word.Then the next day it said it but went away & the car startedI think that's what it said.
Pontiac Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
Ok so the inflatable restraint system is part of the air bag system. When you get in a crash the air bags will go off and the seatbelt has a tentioner that goes off too. That is what that light is.
The light comes on for 30 seconds to 60 seconds when ever you turn the key on. It’s called a bulb check. The security light is the one that prevents the car from starting. Dose your key have a black chip in the middle of the key?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not sure, but I was not in a accidentIs the air bag failing??I also have a interlock on the carMaybe those words always came on??
Pontiac Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
The light is a bulb check it comes on when the key is turn or should then go out after it starts. If the system was having a problem the light would be on all the time.
What I was saying is the inflatable restraint system is part of the airbag tensioning system.
R Clark
Pontiac Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
The security light is on as the interlock system dose not recognize the key and prevents the car from starting.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you very much, the time it wont not start it did stay on. But then when I started the next day it did go off.Thank you so much now I have a better understandingHave a great evening
Pontiac Mechanic: R Clark,
 replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question have a good night.