Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I tried to start my 2006 Pontiac G6 and it's going through…

Customer Question
I tried to start...

I tried to start my 2006 Pontiac G6 and it's going through all the gears and won't start up at all

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

I'm not sure it's just an original transmission for a 2006 with 169000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yeah my boyfriend was looking into fixing it tomorrow he said that he thinks I only need to put transmission fluid in it but I don't know if that's correct

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I got my oil changed last week on Thursday

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pontiac
5/28/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Transmission oil is not going to make it start.

Turn the key on and jump a wire or tool across both wires at the starter. Does this make it crank? Does this make it start?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris