Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My radio is locked. 158,000 no it hasnt. 2005 Pontiac g6. No…

Customer Question
My radio is locked ...

My radio is locked

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

158,000 no it hasnt

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2005 Pontiac g6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No and I haven’t tried anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes why it shakes going 50 mph and up

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pontiac
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/26/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

The radio will need to be unlocked by dealer with scantool, there is no way around it. The Vin needs to be reprogrammed into the radio, they will charge around $60 for this. The vibration usually means wheels need to be balanced or you have a failing axle. If vibration seems to stop when letting off gas this means axle is worn. If vibration continues when letting off gas then have the wheels balanced. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help, thanks.