Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

After storing my 2009 Pontiac G6 all winter with the battery…

Customer Question
After storing my 2009...

After storing my 2009 Pontiac G6 all winter with the battery disconnected I failed to connect the terminal well and thought my battery was dead. I put a start assist charger on it and could still not get it to turn over fast enough to start. I noted that the battery connection was not on well and I cleaned it well and the car started fine but... Now the Tach, speedo, and temp gauges work but the gas gauge shows full but the low fuel level light is on, the brake light is on, the ABS light is on, the service engine light is on, the traction control system NOT light is on, the stabilitrack NOT light is on, the scanner says the error P0449, P0461 and P0463 codes are on and they will not erase. The DIC says service the ESC, service the Traction control system, and Low Fuel. The car appears to drive and operate very normal but the instrument panel is all lit up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Several lights including the ABS, Brake, service engine, traction control and stabilitac, and low fuel lights are on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried to check all fuses in all boxes for logical ones and have found non that appear to be blown.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Help!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pontiac
Answered in 1 day by:
5/27/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am the category moderator.
I notice that your question has been sitting for a while without a response.
Are you still needing help with this matter?
Rachel-Moderator
I would value any suggestion to resolve the issue. It has not been fixed as yet. steve
Pontiac Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Yep, ALL of the modules are confused. I attached a procedure for you to follow and it will work as long as you didn't cause any voltage spikes with the issue you had.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:) Keep this link too, in case another question
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

I had tried disconnecting the power before with no results but I will follow your suggestion exactly tonite and respond. I have a MS in EE and have 7 classic cars that I maintain but this is a bit elusive. Steve

WOW! cool.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me 5 star now and keep our link in case you need me again. Probably not a bad idea to give me your contact information too, just in case something goes haywire on our end. It's up to you.

Are there any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Tried the connect together/off battery for 20 min and no change. I do not have a wiring diagram but I think there is a common reference voltage/fuse/connection for all the lights I described and the fuel level and the ECS. Do you know if there is a common fuse/circuit/etc? Steve

I can get you a diagram tomorrow, but what you need yo do now is attach a scan tool a read what the data says when pinging all the nodes.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me now and keep this link. For additional infirmation.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.