Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 Pontiac Aztek. It stalled once while

Customer Question
interstate driving. ABS and AWD...
I have a 2001 Pontiac Aztek. It stalled once while interstate driving. ABS and AWD Disabled pop up as well as Service Engine Soon. PCM and Ignition switch recently changed. I have purchased the BCM, but am not sure if it is needed. Any imput is welcomed. Thank you.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pontiac
4/3/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am here to assist you with your question and help you resolve your concern.

Jason, Has the computer system been scanned to see what the fault codes are that should have set when these lights came on?

I would assume so. I had a former ASE certified 5 Star Viper tech work on it and not just a shade tree mechanic. We got it back and it was fine, but now this.

Well, the place to start since these lights has came on is to scan the system and see what the fault codes are that have currently set. Having these will give us some idea as to what has failed. If you can get these code and post back with them I will help you determine the cause.

If it has codes when I take it back, he will know all of that. I simply need to know if the things I mentioned relate to the PCM or the BCM? I am not going to take it to my mechanic who is 50 miles away to get codes off of it right now. It is able to be driven for now. I will probably take it over there within the month, but for now I am wondering if I should return the BCM as he didn't think it was needed, but now with what it is doing I personally think it may be needed after all.

You may not need the BCM but there is no way to be sure of that without knowing what the new fault codes are and without knowing them anything I post would simply be a guess.