Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Replacing water pump but having troubles getting to the

Customer Question
Replacing water pump but...

Replacing water pump but having troubles getting to the tensenioner

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

Over heated last sat

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2006 grand prix gxp

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Prix yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yea my self

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Trying to find how to get the tensioner and release the belt

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pontiac
4/3/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: Gary, Pontiac Technician replied 3 months ago
Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

what size engine ?

5.3 v8

you need to move it clockwise slow as it slowly will release and if you keep doing that then it will move enough to remove the belt

there is a special tool to get into the tight area EN 47988 which if you cant get it slowly with basic tools you will need and most auto parts stores sell them or will rent you one

you can always get me back through here even after you rate me

please do not forget to rate me here at Justanswer