Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 pontiac g6 gt with a LOCK radio. The previous…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 pontiac g6 gt with a LOCK radio. The previous owner told me he had switched out the battery and the radio got locked. He referred me to a specialist that would charge 35$. I looked up codes and tricks and nothing works.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

227307 & no jus this time he said

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G6 GT yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I tried the press & hold 1 & 2 untill 3 diget numbers come on then to input the 1st 3 of the identification number. Then again with the last 3 digets of the identification number.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I jus tried looking for the microchip theft lock and couldnt find it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pontiac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/26/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

1-These radio needs a GM tech Scanner or equivalent to unlock them ,unless you have the code for it .

2-now if the radio is not coming on at all ,that will be a different story, ,receiver , power to it, amd module etc

, then you will still needed scanned3-1- with a scanner, fuses checked, back of radio connector pins tested .

3-The dealer will provide code ,provided you show him proof of ownership, will give you code for free usually ,some will ask you to bring it in ,depends

4-No disconnecting battery will make it ask you for code and if he does not have it or gave to you when you bought the car then these will be your options above .

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.