Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chad,. .. now i dont have radio on that 2008 g6 they also…

Hi Chad,. its me again....
Hi Chad,. its me again.. now i dont have radio on that 2008 g6 they also stole it. now i bought a radio on ebay for g6 and now i hear it might not work, any ideas,,,,,,
3/25/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

let me double check if security coded or not ,but i think so ,man they stole a lot from it

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
they stole even wiperblades.....

We have a regular radio and digital radio receiver .

from what i m reading the one regular can be swapped , if u have the other digital one with receiver and only dash display is stolen not reciver, then it shlould, here it says if reciver removed then you need a scanner to unlock, did not say anything on radio replaced ,click on link to view pdf file

Please Let Me Know if you need anything else

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
do i have to get codes from dealer or someone can just program it, its the one on the dash infront

went back and look it again , if yours have cd , if it does it will need programing ?

you can not just swap it and most do ,

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
to program it will need code or pin?

problem is if you call dealer give vin, the code will be for the radio stolen and this one if u do not know the car came off vin# ***** u can not do that expect hooking up the scanner to it after the new radio installation to unlock that way

Chad Farhat
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
thanks Chad alot.. i have already sent everything yesterday and now am waiting next week to see if this car works...enjoy your weekened.

Keep me updated how it turns out

Thank you for the request :)

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Hi Chad ,, i sent everthing and since the fuse and relay were all taken the tech tried to arrange the relay and fuses but we dont have even ignition on nothing is showing on the panel can you tell me which fuse or relay can atlist give us power on the panel
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
are you there

hey ,sorry , for today ,I m off now but I will look it up tomorrow for you and send it to you

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
ok thanks

PANEL CIRCUIT

CLUSTER / THEFT FUSE A 10 AMP FUSE IN THE CENTER BODY CONTROL MODULE BOX , UNDER RIGHT SIDE OF CENTER CONSOLE ,RIGHT SIDE

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW CIRCUIT , I HIGHLIGHTED THE FUSE IN YELLOW

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I have told him and he will check this weekend and i quick question about the relay i see some have number 3602 and 3604 is there a problem if i use 3602 instead of 3604

yes ,they are different

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
how will i know which kind this car used....woow
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
The dealer have bring politics like i have to buy the whole block while my block ok and they are giving a run around like they don't which ones...good news Chad we go power on the dash right now he called me he is doing relearn now

MAN AWESOME NEWS , PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Battery is good and he did the relearn but it doesn't even crank

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW STARTING CIRCUIT

I HAVE HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW THE STARTER RELAY AND MOTOR , AT THE RELAY ,WITH SWITCH ON ,DOES HE HAVE 12 VOLTS AT STARTER SOLENOID,

IF NOT WHERE IS HE MISSING IT , FOLLOW THE CIRCUIT FROM SWITCH WHITE WIRE FROM SWITCH TO BCM , PIN #56 ,CRANK / RUN VOLTAGE

DO YOU HAVE POWER THERE

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
There's no white wire. On bcm
Customer reply replied 15 days ago
If we put wrong relays can it not even crank a little..and security light on the dash has come back

my wiring circuit shows one wire from switch to bcm

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
the security sign has come back do we have to relearn again

YES , AND IF NOT TAKING THE RELEARN WE HAVE AN ISSUE OBVIOUSLY

MAKE SURE WHEN RELEARN IS BEING DONE A CHARGER IS HOOKED TO BATTERY

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Chad is there any other way this guy can call you and i can pay you i need this car to move it has power the problem is it American car and he got no idea

WHERE IS THE CAR NOW

WHERE IS THE GUY

DOES HE HAVE SCANNER FOR IT ,REMIND ME,IF I ASKED YOU THAT ?

IS HE DOING MANUAL RELEARN OR SCANNER ?

REMIND WHATS BEEN CHANGED , I M NOT BEHIND MY LAPTOP TODAY ,SO I CAN SEE IT I M ON PHONE

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Chad this car i told you it's in UK. and he is doing manually relearn..

Reason I asked because the website system only do , u.s calls , i can not do any calls on my own not allowed sorry

now he can log in at just answer website for the u.k ,there justanswer.com uk site ,and will have u.k experts and they can make calls internally in u.k .that is the best i can think off for you

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Chad its me again, guess what? the car started today man he got a guy with a scanner and did the work...but now i have still some two things i need to ask one he said the dash he cant see how many miles this car has its like its starting over its zero miles....second he says if he rev it up the rpm will not go past 4000 so he ask to find out if its normal, can this car be locked because it was a millitary car, but i dont know please help and am very thankfull to you Chad

good news

the rev up cut off is normal after 4000 rpm , the rev limiter kicks in

starting zero miles , i do not know why

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat