Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had a problem with the alternator and bought a new one and…

I had a problem...

I had a problem with the alternator and bought a new one and had it installed and now I cannot crank the car it isn't getting any fire it's not the starter when I turn the key all the lights are on and it does it make a sound it just clicks

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes I could turn the steering wheel the key isn't Warner damage I had a technician replaced last year cuz it was a recall but I do see on the information panel that it says power steering

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2007 Pontiac G5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

My husband is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it so far

3/22/2018
Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Technician

Hi there - do you have access to a voltmeter? we need to verify the battery state of charge before we go any further

Canuck Tech
Canuck Tech, Technician
No but my husband took it to oreily auto part an got it tested a few hours ago
Phone call session started

I have contacted customer service. Sorry I couldn't help you on this one.