Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Pontiac g6 2206 wont start, talked to u yesterday, put new…

pontiac g6 2206 wont start...
pontiac g6 2206 wont start, talked to u yesterday, put new battery in & now have locked sign on dash & wont start
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

this the wiring circuit again ,

locked sign, ,did you do the the30 minute relearn

read below

30-MINUTE RELEARN PROCEDURE
Use this procedure after replacing any of the following components:
- The PASS-Key III plus keys
- The theft deterrent module (TDM)
- The powertrain control module (PCM)

1. With a master PASS-Key III plus key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

IMPORTANT:
- This procedure is not available on vehicles equipped with EXPORT configured TDMs.
- When replacing a TDM with a GM SPO Replacement Part, ensure the procedure to setup a new TDM is performed prior to the 30-Minute Relearn Procedure.

2. Observe the security indicator. After approximately 10 minutes, the telltale will turn OFF.
3. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes.
5. With a master PASS-Key III plus key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information and the PCM has now learned the fuel continue password.

IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the key transponder information and/or passwords on the ignition switch transition from OFF to Acc/Run/Crank. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6. If additional keys are required to be learned, refer to Adding Keys (Domestic) Adding Keys (Export including Canada).
7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs.

this is the System description and operation , click on link to view pdf file

1- Make sure you hook up a battery charger when doing the 30 minute relearn because battery will drain doing it and want work if no charger hooked to battery will doing 30 minute relearn that is important

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
did the 30 minute thing, still wont start

if you run the 30 minute correctly, meaning battery did not die, and the lock symbol went out after 10 min , etc , then You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Security Modules and based on these faults i can send you a pin point troubleshoot