Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The trunk key will not open the trunk and there is no inside…

Customer Question
The trunk key will...

The trunk key will not open the trunk and there is no inside trunk release that I can see. Its a 1986 Pontiac parisienne

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Parisienne yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mostly the silicone spray. Tried to see if there was a release for the back seat, if there is I cant see it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pontiac
3/20/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: ironmike, ASE Master Technician GM certified replied 3 months ago
ironmike
ironmike, ASE Master Technician GM certified

greetings,

Have you considered replacing the lock cylinder? Do you have a drill with some bits?

wd-40 or PB blaster would be the best way but if the lock is damaged or even that rusty it may need to be removed. You could drill it out and open with a screw driver without damaging the trunk. Most parts places sell replacement cylinders and should be under 20$. let me know how it goes good luck

Thank you

you are welcome