Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Where is the location of ignition control module on g6 2008…

where is the location of...
where is the location of ignition control module on g6 2008
3/17/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

There is no ignition control module by itself

we have 4 ignition coils and they are controlled by the ECM, engine control modules

click on link to view pdf files, on coils, ecm ,and ignition wiring circuit

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Chad Farhat
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok, and where is the ignition switch module location
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you still there

the key ignition switch

there no ignition switch module ,there is BCM, BODY CONTROL MODULE AND THE IGNITION SWITCH ITSELF

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
am trying to find the name of an item here the item is where the key cylinder goes in and then that item is connected with maybe 5 pin connector. it is black in color

any of these

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the one which the lock cylinder goes in, now is my lock cylinder is gone and the key but that thing it is still there, if i buy a new cylinder and the keys, do i have to program or it is plug and play kinda thing

to change the lock cylinder and key , you need the key coding only

then you do a 30 minute relearn on the key ,that is a manual way ,not always works but u can try

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
am just in big trouble because the car is in uk and the tech there look at it and told me its an american car he cant do anything with it now am the one trying to explain to him somethings. will see what happens tomorrow

ok lete me know

that will be difficult , you would think in the UK they have what is needed

the only thing i can think off,is replacing all parts involved from donor car

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat