Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 solstice and the manual transmission moves…

I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 solstice and the manual transmission moves around

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

I don have see a transmission mount? it has not it is a newer transmission

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Solstice yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have removed the the exhaust and plates underneath it. I can actual push the transmission up by hand.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I see the bar that connects it to the diff and all the bolts are tight.

3/16/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

The transmission mount is at the back of the transmission bolted to the tailshaft housing.

I am sending you a diagram to help locate it. It should move some, but not a huge amount. You can look and see if the rubber has separated from the plate and mount.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

thank you sir. I actually ordered that transmission mount to replace it before pulling the plates off and it appears that this vehicle did not come with that mount. It has a torque arm that connects it to the diff. instead.

Is this a turbo model or not? Might be a different mount, the diagram I sent is for the turbo version

it is a turbo, manual trans

I can see the arm in the diagram, but it should also have the rubber mount under the transmission holding it to the frame of the car or a cross member. Is it possible this has been removed and not reinstalled?

it does have a newer transmission installed over a year ago. however, there is no bracket or cross member that has the ability to have anything bolted to it. That goes for the transmission as well. The flat spot on the diagram is not present on my transmission
The transmission did come straight from GM

I guess I am going to have to open this back up to the other experts.

Please don't reply or it will lock it to me. It's possible someone else has some direct experience with this.

Sorry I can't help today.

Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Pontiac Technician

New tech here...I'm a GM tech and what i have seen in the vehicles that don't have a mount is that torque arm snapped or cracked close to where it bolts to the transmission

hello Sir, not that I can see. I have looked over the arm but have not removed it to check the aluminum casing on the trans or diff

It's usually broken on the top where it's hard to see it

Am I correct in assuming that I have to pull the diff out to remove it?

Yes you do have to remove the diff

ok, thank you! I will look at it in here shortly. should I be able to see it without removing it?

You should be able to....push up and down on the back of the trans while looking at it

Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Pontiac Technician
You Sir are 100% on the money. Thank you for the guidance!

Right on