Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hope you can help. 2008 g6. This is huge. I bought a g6 and…

Customer Question
Hope you can help ...

Hope you can help

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Pontiac?

2008 g6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ok..this is huge

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I bought a g6 and it's in the UK. has no keys and ignition cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

Please read the massage

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pontiac
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I bought this g6 on an auction in UK. But the key is gone and the cylinder also..
3/16/2018
Pontiac Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

So you need to either buy a new key and ignition and have dealer scanner or equivalent to program to car

or get on ebay.com and buy a whole used kit from junk cars, key,switch , module, pcm

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have the title i only got the invoice i don't know if the dealer will help me on that..the car was sent to uk by the military guy and didn't want to bring back. But someone pulled the ignition cylinder and the key

click on link to view system operation and parts involved

so you find another car like it ,state side and get all these parts and the key

2008 Pontiac G6

V6-3.5L

Immobilizer Description and Operation

• Vehicle
  • Accessories and Optional Equipment
  • Antitheft and Alarm Systems
  • Description and Operation
  • Components
  • Immobilizer Description and Operation

Immobilizer Description and Operation

Immobilizer Description and Operation

The vehicle theft deterrent (VTD) system functions are provided by the theft deterrent module (TDM). When an ignition key is inserted into the ignition lock cylinder and the ignition is switched ON, the transponder embedded in the head of the key is energized by the exciter coils surrounding the ignition lock cylinder. The energized transponder transmits a signal that contains a unique value, which is received by the TDM. The theft deterrent control module then compares this value to a value stored in memory, learned key code. If the value is correct, the TDM sends a random generated number to the transponder. This is called a challenge. Both the transponder and the TDM perform a calculation on the challenge. If the calculations match, the TDM sends the fuel continue password ***** the serial data circuit to the engine control module (ECM). If either the transponders unique value or the calculation to the challenge is incorrect, the TDM will send the fuel disable password ***** the PCM via the serial data circuit. The components of the VTD system are as follows:

* The TDM
* The ECM
* The ignition key (transponder)
* The ignition lock cylinder
*

Theft Deterrent Module (TDM)

new key and swithc

and somebody with capable scanner and this procedure

click on link to view

that is the only way to make this to work ,these are you are options

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).

You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see the reply talks about v6 engine and this is 2008 4 cylinder

4 or 6 cylinder same thing ,click on link to view

Please remember to Rate Your Service using the Stars on Top of your Screen , Since that is how we get compensated for our time and resources

Thank You

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat